Sunday, June 26, 2005

Two Unwanted Grapefruits

I bought a 3-pack of citrus fruits which I thought were oranges. But they turned out to be grapefruits.

After throwing away the opened grapefruit, there were still two unopened grapefruits left. I didn't know what to do with them.

I thought about giving the remaining two grapefruits to friends. I couldn't stomach the idea of giving grapefruits to a friend, though. Grapefruits are a symbol of bitterness, not friendship, and it could have been taken as an insult.

Anyhow, the two leftover grapefruits ended up rotting. I threw them away secretly, embarrassed that I was tossing uneaten fruit.

My conscience felt relieved, as if I had just left a confessional booth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The exact same thing happened at my house last week.. BUT IT WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT.

<3

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home